from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Extending over all the zones of the Earth, from the tropics to the poles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Extending over all the zones, from the tropics to the polar zones inclusive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Extending around the earth: in botany, applied to genera or species that are found around the globe in approximately the same latitude.
- [capitalized] [⟨ NL. Amphigæa + -an.] In zoögeog., a term applied to the temperate South American realm as one of the prime zoölogical divisions of the earth's land-surface, with reference to its equivocal or ambiguous zoölogical character.
- In botany, bearing flowers from a rootstock.
Ancient Greek (Wiktionary)