from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of anaesthesia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Entire or partial loss or absence of feeling or sensation; a state of general or local insensibility produced by disease or by the inhalation or application of an anæsthetic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Loss of the sense of touch, as from paralysis or extreme cold; diminution or loss of the physical sense of feeling; specifically, a state of insensibility, especially to pain, produced by inhaling an anesthetic, as chloroform or ether, or by the application of other anesthetic agents. Also anesthesia, anæsthesis, anesthesis.
- n. Same as medullary anæthesia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. loss of bodily sensation with or without loss of consciousness
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.