from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In physical chemistry, a term suggested to denote supposed compounds of one or more molecules of a solvent either with the ions or with the un-dissociated molecules of a dissolved substance: if the solvent is water, these compounds are called
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun chemistry A
complexformed by the attachment of solvent moleculesto that of a solute
- verb chemistry To form such a complex upon
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb cause a solvation in (a substance)
- noun a compound formed by solvation (the combination of solvent molecules with molecules or ions of the solute)
- verb undergo solvation or convert into a solvate
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.