from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A length of steel or iron bent at a right angle along its long dimension, used as a support or structural framework.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A length of iron or steel, having an L-shaped cross section, used as a structural support
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a rolled bar or plate of iron having one or more angles, used for forming the corners, or connecting or sustaining the sides of an iron structure to which it is riveted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A rolled or wrought bar of iron in the form of an angle, used in iron constructions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an L-shaped metal bracket
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.