from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Not isotropic.
- adjective Physics Having properties that differ based on the direction of measurement.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Having predetermined axes: opposed to isotropic.
- Not having the same properties in all directions; not isotropic; æolotropic. All crystals except those of the isometric system are anisotropic with respect to light.
- In botany, a term applied by Sachs to organs which respond differently or unequally to external influences.
- Equivalent forms are anisotropal, anisotrope, and anisotropous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective physics Having
propertiesthat differaccording to the directionof measurement; exhibiting anisotropy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective not invariant with respect to direction
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
It varies enormously in anisotropic temperature, electron temperature and ion differences.
High water effects, full Bloom and Depth of Field, 50,000 particles, all settings at High or Very high detail, 4x anisotropic, you name it ... my god, I never imagined the game could be this wonderful.
I much prefer the marathon tweaking session of control configurations, mouse sensitivity, screen resolution, and deeply geeky moving of horizontal sliders for mad, mad things like “anti-aliasing” and “anisotropic filtering” that provide me with the unnecessary level of control I so crave.
October 23, 2009 at 10: 41: 59Permalink random anisotropic set theory in n_space
OpEdNews - Diary: random anisotropic set theory in n_space
The universe around 500my after the big bang has anisotropic and inhomogeneous distributions which are amplified due to some Virial process where accumulated matter has a kinetic energy equal to half the potential and due to “friction.”
This Patent is from the inventor Vijak K. Chandhok, "Method for producing through extrusion an anisotropic magnet with high energy product", U.S.
If we make our read-head out of a ferromagnetic material instead of an ordinary metal, we find a stronger effect known as anisotropic magnetoresistance (AMR).
Maybe even that inflation was anisotropic, as Lotty and Mark and I contemplated.
Bayesian analysis of sparse anisotropic universe models and application to the 5-yr WMAP data