from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking feet; apodal.
- adj. Lacking a ventral fin.
- n. An animal without feet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Without feet; footless.
- adj. Destitute of the ventral fin, as the eels.
- n. One of certain animals that have no feet or footlike organs; esp. one of certain fabulous birds which were said to have no feet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Footless; apodal.
- n. An apodal or apodous animal; an animal without feet, or supposed to have none; a member of one of the several groups called Apoda or Apodes.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
At that point, a foreground cave may provide little protection, as the entire white dwarf star will explode in a tremendous supernova.apod. nasa.gov/apod/ap091117. html
Such complex looking landforms in the Cydonia region are thought to be the result of landslides and erosion of the ancient Martian crust.antwrp. gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap060926. html
Pictured above, the Ares 1-X blasts into space while the top part of the rocket becomes engulfed in a shock collar of water droplets likely created by the sudden drop of air pressure.apod. nasa.gov/apod/ap091102. html
Possible origins include many small meteorites, a comet, or primordial moon soil.apod. nasa.gov/apod/ap091118. html
Continued study of the ice plumes may yield further clues as to whether underground oceans, candidates for containing life, exist on this distant ice world.apod. nasa.gov/apod/ap091124. html
If all goes well, Rosetta will release a probe that will land on the 15-km diameter comet in 2014.apod. nasa.gov/apod/ap091123. html
Pictured above, a group of vibrant mergers found by Zooites demonstrates the diverse zoo-like nature of many interacting galaxies in the universe.apod. nasa.gov/apod/ap091026. html
NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day apod.nasa.gov/apod captures a range of phenomena from space: colliding galaxies, spidery nebulae, odd Martian features and comets, stars and eclipses as seen from Earth.
- V srpnu minulého roku jsme uspořádali Live meeting na téma "Jak projít technickým pohovorem", tedy rady, tipy, triky apod. jak uspět při hledání nového zaměstnání.
Taken from the famous photograph "Earthrise 1966" found at: apod. nasa.gov With highers quality singles @: www. lpi.usra.edu Most notable structures found on: www. lpi.usra.edu I have done quite a bit of research regarding this topic (through what is publicly available), and am always anxious to learn more.