from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Strong distilled alcohol, especially a strong liquor such as whiskey or brandy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An aqueous solution of alcohol typically prepared by distilling wine.
- n. A concentrated aqueous solution of ethanol.
- n. French brandy / cognac.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. strong distilled liquor or brandy
Middle English aqua vite, from Medieval Latin aqua vītae; see aquavit.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin aqua "water" and vitae "of life", meaning "water of life". (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.