from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Hard liquor.
- noun An alcoholic beverage.
- noun A drinking spree.
- intransitive verb To drink alcoholic beverages excessively or chronically.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To drink deeply, especially with a boon companion and to partial intoxication; guzzle liquor; tipple, Also bouse, bouze, bowse.
- noun Liquor; drink.
- noun A drinking-bout; a spree.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A carouse; a drinking.
- noun any alcoholic beverage, especially a strong beverage such as whiskey.
- intransitive verb To drink greedily or immoderately, esp. alcoholic liquor; to tipple.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun slang Any
- verb slang To drink alcohol.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb consume alcohol
- noun an alcoholic beverage that is distilled rather than fermented
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word booze.
I'm supplying movies, space, and at least half the pizza, but my booze is my booze.
Yo-A-O, Crowm Bar Ay, Yo-A-Rah, Sharom Brunun G... caliban 2001
May 6th, 2009 Jessica Hagy Posted in booze, expectations |
August 7th, 2009 Jessica Hagy Posted in booze, consumption |
Ms. MacIntosh portrays The Fourth as a former good-time Charlie indulging in booze, babes and fast cars before pulling himself together to claim his royal birthright.
This Bud's For Sale Patrick Cooke 2010
Wednesday, January 20th, 2010 Posted in booze, kids | 4 Comments »
January 15th, 2010 Jessica Hagy Posted in booze, friends |
This week he auctioned off his old typewriter for over $250k to raise money for the institute - that could have kept him in booze for a few years, or HST supplied for a few months.
April 2nd, 2010 Jessica Hagy Posted in booze, faith |
I am strongly opposed to additional taxes on liquor on the basis that the heavy consumption of cheap booze is my primary tactic for getting through this recession.
January 20th, 2010 Jessica Hagy Posted in booze, kids |
asativum commented on the word booze
Beer isn't booze? Weirdnet...
June 11, 2009
qroqqa commented on the word booze
'serve oneself to, or consume regularly'?
June 11, 2009