American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Hard liquor.
- n. An alcoholic beverage.
- n. A drinking spree.
- v. To drink alcoholic beverages excessively or chronically.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To drink deeply, especially with a boon companion and to partial intoxication; guzzle liquor; tipple, Also bouse, bouze, bowse.
- n. Liquor; drink.
- n. A drinking-bout; a spree.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To drink greedily or immoderately, esp. alcoholic liquor; to tipple.
- n. A carouse; a drinking.
- n. any alcoholic beverage, especially a strong beverage such as whiskey.
- v. consume alcohol
- n. an alcoholic beverage that is distilled rather than fermented
- Alteration of bowse. (Wiktionary)
- Alteration of obsolete bouse, from Middle English bousen, to drink to excess, from Middle Dutch būsen. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“I'm supplying movies, space, and at least half the pizza, but my booze is my booze.”
“This week he auctioned off his old typewriter for over $250k to raise money for the institute - that could have kept him in booze for a few years, or HST supplied for a few months.”
“I am strongly opposed to additional taxes on liquor on the basis that the heavy consumption of cheap booze is my primary tactic for getting through this recession.”
“January 15th, 2010 Jessica Hagy Posted in booze, friends |”
“May 6th, 2009 Jessica Hagy Posted in booze, expectations |”
“April 2nd, 2010 Jessica Hagy Posted in booze, faith |”
“January 20th, 2010 Jessica Hagy Posted in booze, kids |”
“Wednesday, January 20th, 2010 Posted in booze, kids | 4 Comments »”
“August 7th, 2009 Jessica Hagy Posted in booze, consumption |”
“Ms. MacIntosh portrays The Fourth as a former good-time Charlie indulging in booze, babes and fast cars before pulling himself together to claim his royal birthright.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘booze’.
This is just a list, right, that I'm gonna, like, fill with words, that, like, are every word that I can, like, think of with, ahhmm, my brain.
Being a list of words which have "especially" in their definitions.
Imagine my joy when I was wearing my calculator watch and was first introduced to someone named Leslie - there was exactly enough room on the display for 317537.14.
Edit: I've discove...
Words that are fun to say....
because wordsmith is not a verb.
I was down on Riverina, knockin' round the towns a bit,
An' occasionally restin', with a schooner in me mitt;
An' on one o' these occasions, when the bar was pretty full
an' the l...
These are words that I enjoy the most.
Words that can be spelled on a calculator. "Beghilosz"
"Bite my shiny metal ass."
Looking for tweets for booze.