from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various strong dry liquors, such as a strong Dutch gin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of distilled alcoholic beverage, often with a fruit or peppermint flavoring.
- n. A serving of this beverage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Holland gin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Spirituous liquor of any sort; especially, Holland gin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various strong liquors especially a Dutch spirit distilled from potatoes
German Schnaps, mouthful, schnapps, from Low German snaps, from snappen, to snap, from Middle Low German, to snap at.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From German Schnaps. (Wiktionary)