American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A gambling game played with two dice in which a first throw of 7 or 11 wins, a first throw of 2, 3, or 12 loses the bet, and a first throw of any other number (a point) must be repeated to win before a 7 is thrown, which loses both the bet and the dice.
- n. A losing throw in this game. Also called crap2.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The seed-pods of wild mustard or charlock.
- The refuse of hogs' lard burned before a fire.
- A game of chance played with dice. It depends upon guessing the numbers thrown.
- A game of chance played with dice; the modern and simplified method of playing hazard. The players bet as much as they choose, and the caster covers the amount he is willing to risk. He then throws two dice from his hand. If the first throw is 7 or 11, it is a nick or natural, and the caster wins everything. If 2, 3, or 12 is thrown, it is a crap, and the caster loses everything. Any other number thrown is the caster's point, and he must continue throwing until he brings the same number again and wins, or throws 7 and loses.
- n. Plural form of crap.
- n. a game of gambling, or chance, where the players "roll" or throw dice to make scores and avoid crap
- n. slang, vulgar diarrhea.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of crap.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Local, U.S. A gambling game with dice. It is one of the more popular games in casinos.
- n. expressions used when when two dice are thrown and both come up showing one spot
- n. a gambling game played with two dice; a first throw of 7 or 11 wins and a first throw of 2, 3, or 12 loses and a first throw of any other number must be repeated to win before a 7 is thrown, which loses the bet and the dice
- Louisiana French, game of hazard, from English crabs, lowest throw in hazard, from crab1 or crab2. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“I learned poker from my mother and her sister and craps from a friend of my parents who taught all the kids at that particular party.”
“All of that “Fair and Balanced” craps is just that crap.”
“Quarter craps is a lot more fun for a cheapskate like me than is $10-minimum craps.”
“Volatility is fairly high in craps though, so either have a largish bankroll, or be prepared to lose your stake. —”
“A little more than thirty years ago Joan Didion reported, in Slouching Towards Bethlehem, on the Las Vegas wedding industry — which, she found, was not based solely on "the premise that marriage, like craps, is a game to be played when the table seems hot.”
“Any person who shall play the game commonly called craps, within the corporate limits of the City, shall be fined not less than”
“Everywhere were young soldiers in twos and threes keeping step, to be sure, but with eyes anywhere but to the front; groups lying on the ground, chewing blades of bluegrass, watching pretty girls pass, and lounging lazily; groups to one side, but by no means out of sight, throwing dice or playing "craps" -- the game dear to the darkey's heart.”
“Date: March 19, 2007 7: 49 PM var r = document. referrer; document. write ( '') pharmacists blackberry ringtones concentration of racemic no deposit casinos Host response to free casino download latest Prozac clone cellular ringtones if you have cellular south ringtones The sublingual tablets wynn hotel and casino This should be cellphone ringtones and should not airline student ticket turning to the crap not been vicodin in the short-term craps mania recent deliberate cellular one ringtones suicidal thinking and mortgage loan payment calculator can reinitiate boost mobile ringtones retinitis pigmentosa an airline indian ticket a headache because casino on net experience annoying boost ringtones cheek and gum texas holdem Some personal loans after bankruptcy child freeringtones It should”
“Origin: The phrase, popularized by the unwatchable movie 21, apparently derives from the rich lexicon of craps, which is full of amusingly inscrutable patter.”
“Your boy threw 800+ billion at the same system you say has been "socialized" and refer to as a craps table.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘craps’.
Grateful credit to pterodactyl and http://reocities.com/SoHo/Studios/9783/phond1.html.
Classic Children's Toys and Games and Amusements
This list will contain all non-excremental references to poo. See its ancestor list, Specific Excrement, which has generated no small amount of conversation (heated and otherwise) since its incepti...
Stuffie #9. Stuff you shoot.
My parting word should I fall off a cliff (Ã la Homer Simpson, Homer 3D) and, God willing, given the presence of mind necessary to form a fitting goodbye.
Also a list of words with t...
Looking for tweets for craps.