from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pair of cards that are the only ones of their suit in a hand dealt to a player.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A set containing precisely two elements.
- n. A pair of cards of the same suit, which are the only cards of that suit in a player's hand
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In whist and bridge, a two-card suit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (bridge) a pair of playing cards that are the only cards in their suit in the hand dealt to a player
double + (single)ton.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
double + -ton (Wiktionary)