from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Two people or things together; a pair or couple.
- n. Sports A round of golf played by two people.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being or constituting a pair; two.
- adj. Twofold; double.
- adj. Performed by two individuals.
- n. A group of two; a pair; a couple; a group of two distinct individuals or components.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In golf, a match between two persons.
- Being or constituting a pair; two.
- Twofold; double; specifically, performed by two persons, as a dance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. two items of the same kind
- n. a pair who associate with one another
From Middle English twosome, equivalent to two + -some. Cognate with Scots twasome, twaesome ("twosome"). (Wiktionary)