from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music A duet, especially two performers singing or playing together.
- n. Two people or two things in close association: a duo of negotiators.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A twosome, especially musicians.
- n. Any cocktail consisting of a spirit and a liqueur.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A composition for two performers; a duet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The same as duet.
- n. A prefix in words of Latin or Greek origin, meaning ‘two.’
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. two items of the same kind
- n. two performers or singers who perform together
- n. a musical composition for two performers
- n. a pair who associate with one another
As the less grounded of the title duo, she is more than pleasing as she attempts to find herself while continuing a fling with the charismatic artist expertly portrayed by Oscar winner Bardem.
But even as the bad guys try to turn the tables, this duo is nothing if not resourceful, and the result is an uncommonly satisfying adventure.
The ambient/folk/pop girl-girl duo is back on Nebraska indie label Saddle Creek after a seven-year break (and solo careers that never went as well as they might have).
The inherent dubiousness of a duo from the most Californian of cities putting the artistic cross-hairs on arguably the most eclectic New York borough has it's roots, Stew sa id, in a fundamental difference in coastal cultures.
Thank you for giving us a bit of space on your mp3 player of choice, and we will keep you posted on what happens with our daring duo from the clandestine organization that is The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences.
The female half of our intrepid duo is Kate, a meek, un-fun being that forgot to mention a sadistic demon-ghost burnt down her childhood home and breathed bad breath on her many times before moving in with other half ... let's call him Asshole Micah.
The GOP duo is holding a public hearing on the bill in the House Ways & Means Committee this morning.
I hope it snowballs into something substantial, so that the duo is forced to put pen to paper.
The duo is forced on a mission to retrieve a stolen microchip.
Now the duo is on the ground in Haiti, where according to their latest report they are doing recon and preparing to work the piles of rubble.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.