from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See heat rash.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rash caused by blocked, malfunctioning, or underdeveloped sweat glands.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fever accompanied by an eruption of small, isolated, red pimples, resembling a millet seed in form or size; miliary fever.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, miliary fever.
- n. In ornithology, an old name of the corn-bunting, Emberisa miliaria, as that of a bird which feeds upon millet. It is taken by some authors as a generic name of this bunting and its near relatives.
- n. An eruption of minute vesicles due to obstruction of the sweat-glands. Also called prickly heat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. obstruction of the sweat ducts during high heat and humidity
New Latin (fēbris) miliāria, miliary (fever), feminine of Latin miliārius, of millet; see miliary.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)