from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rose-colored skin rash, sometimes occurring with diseases such as measles, syphilis, or scarlet fever.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any rosy rash that occurs with various fevers, especially that occurring with a mild disease of early infancy that resembles measles.
- n. German measles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rose-colored efflorescence upon the skin, occurring in circumscribed patches of little or no elevation and often alternately fading and reviving; also, an acute specific disease which is characterized by an eruption of this character; -- called also rose rash.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, a kind of rash or rose-colored efflorescence, mostly symptomatic, occurring in connection with different febrile complaints. Also called rose-rash and scarlet rash.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any red eruption of the skin
New Latin, from diminutive of Latin roseus, rosy, from rosa, rose.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From New Latin, from diminutive of Latin rosa ("a rose"). (Wiktionary)