from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music A composition for six voices or six instruments.
- n. Music A group of six singers or six instrumentalists.
- n. A group of six.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any group of six people or things
- n. a composition for six voices or instruments
- n. a group of six singers or instrumentalists
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See sestet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music:
- n. A work for sis voices or instruments. Compare quartet and quintet. Also sestet, sextuor.
- n. A company of six performers who sing or play sextets.
- n. A bicycle for six riders.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of five and one
- n. six performers or singers who perform together
- n. a set of six similar things considered as a unit
- n. six people considered as a unit
- n. a musical composition written for six performers
Alteration of sestet.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)