from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various two-man executive boards in the Roman Republic.
- n. A regime or partnership of two persons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several branches of the executive in Republican Rome controlled by two people.
- n. A group of two officials; a union or coalition of two people.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The union of two men in the same office; or the office, dignity, or government of two men thus associated, as in ancient Rome.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The union of two men in the same office, or the office, dignity, or government of two men thus associated, as in ancient Rome.
From Latin duumvirātus. (Wiktionary)