from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A polyhedron, such as a cube, that has six faces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A polyhedron with six faces; the regular hexahedron is more commonly called the cube and is one of the Platonic solids.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A solid body of six sides or faces.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A solid body having six faces; especially, the regular hexahedron or cube. Also hexaëdron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any polyhedron having six plane faces
Greek hexaedron, from neuter of hexaedros, having six sides : hexa-, hexa- + -edros, sided; see -hedron.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
hexa- + -hedron (Wiktionary)