from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A liqueur flavored with anise.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A French alcoholic liqueur flavored with anise
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A French cordial or liqueur flavored with anise seeds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cordial or liqueur prepared from the seed of the anise. Sometimes called aniseed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. liquorice-flavored usually colorless sweet liqueur made from aniseed
French, diminutive of anis, anise, from Old French; see anise.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowed from French anisette, from anis + -ette. (Wiktionary)