from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of a dark complexion or coloring.
- adj. Having dark brown or black hair or eyes.
- n. A person with dark brown hair.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a man's or boy's hair, brown or black hair.
- adj. Of a man or boy, having brown or black hair.
- n. A man or boy with brown or black hair.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. being or having dark-colored skin and hair; contrasted with
- n. A girl or woman with a somewhat brown or dark complexion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person with dark (brown) hair
- adj. marked by dark or relatively dark pigmentation of hair or skin or eyes
French, from Old French, diminutive of brun, brown, of Germanic origin; see bher-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)