from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A head of white-blond hair resembling tow.
- n. A person with such hair.
- n. A sandbar or low-lying alluvial island in a river, especially one with a stand of trees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A blond person whose very pale, almost white hair resembles tow.
- n. An alluvial deposit in a river, such as a sandbar, or a small island formed from silt, often permanent enough to have vegetation.
tow + -head (Wiktionary)