from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Partly gray or streaked with gray: a grizzled beard.
- adj. Having fur or hair streaked or tipped with gray.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of grizzle.
- adj. Greyed, old
- adj. Grey or partly grey ^1
- adj. Streaked or mixed with grey; grizzly; griseous ^2
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Gray; grayish; sprinkled or mixed with gray; of a mixed white and black.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Gray; of a mixed color.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having dark hairs mixed with grey or white
Sorry, no etymologies found.