American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Producing or characterized by frost; freezing. See Synonyms at cold.
- adj. Covered with or as if with frost.
- adj. Silvery white; hoary.
- adj. Cold in manner: a frosty look; a frosty farewell.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Attended with or producing frost; so cold as to congeal water: as, frosty weather.
- Affected or injured by frost; containing or penetrated by frost; frozen; cold; dull.
- Figuratively, chill; chilling; without warmth, as of spirits, affection, or courage; tending to repel; discouraging; depressing.
- Resembling hoar frost; white; gray.
- Specifically, in entomology, glistening like hoar frost: an appearance generally due to minute white hairs.
- adj. Cold, chilly.
- adj. Having frost on it.
- adj. figuratively Having an aloof or inhospitable manner.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Attended with, or producing, frost; having power to congeal water; cold; freezing.
- adj. Covered with frost.
- adj. Chill in affection; without warmth of affection or courage.
- adj. Appearing as if covered with hoarfrost; white; gray-haired.
- adj. devoid of warmth and cordiality; expressive of unfriendliness or disdain
- adj. covered with frost
- adj. pleasantly cold and invigorating
“The closest you'll come to frosty is to remin ... read more christmas fiestas-traditions”
“The man lived twelve miles back in the woods; and one fine, frosty spring day -- (don't smile at the term frosty, thus connected with the genial season of the year; the term is perfectly correct when applied to the Canadian spring, which, until the middle of May, is the most dismal season of the year) -- he and John Monaghan took a rope, and the dog, and sallied forth to fetch the cow home.”
“Eventually I persuaded him to come back, and when we reappeared Mum and Mimi had called a frosty truce.”
“Last year, when Palin announced the state was abandoning plans for the so-called "bridge to nowhere" in Southeast Alaska, she was met with what could kindly be described as a frosty reception from the delegation.”
“The snow crackled and the wind whistled around him; it was just the kind of frosty weather a Snow Man might thoroughly enjoy.”
“It crackled and whistled in him and around him; it was just the kind of frosty weather a snow man must thoroughly enjoy.”
“The pavement was kind of frosty due to the cold, moist air, which also made for an interesting texture on the ground.”
“I know there was a post on "frosty" failte somewhere but can't find it to tag with this ...”
“Dublin voted friendliest cityI know there was a post on "frosty" failte somewhere but can't find it to tag with this ...”
“Pedrosa and manager Alberto Puig had a somewhat 'frosty' relationship with the Spaniard's previous Repsol team-mate, Nicky Hayden, and Andrea indicated he currently has little contact with the six-time MotoGP race winner.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘frosty’.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
Tired of singing the same carols year after year? Wanna mix it up a little? Now you can, with the Do-it-yourself Christmas Carol List (from the creator of the Doo-it-yourself Doowop List). Just mix...
Environmental Ice and Snow
(excluding all the food ice)
Words used to describe the color and pattern of mammalian fur.
All those words (or distinctive phrases) you only hear at a certain time of year...
Hey! This is my 100th list!
A British obsession.
Looking for tweets for frosty.