from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Moist with or as if with dew: dewy grass in early morning.
- adj. Accompanied by dew: a dewy morning.
- adj. Suggestive of the freshness or purity of dew, as in innocence or naiveté: never gave up the dewy outlook of youth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered by dew.
- adj. Having the quality of bearing droplets of water.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to dew; resembling, consisting of, or moist with, dew.
- adj. Falling gently and beneficently, like the dew.
- adj. Resembling a dew-covered surface; appearing as if covered with dew.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to dew.
- Of the nature or appearance of dew; like dew: as, dewy tears.
- Moist with or as if with dew.
- Accompanied with dew; abounding in dew.
- Falling gently, or refreshing, like dew: as, “dewy sleep ambrosial,”
- In botany, appearing as if covered with dew.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. wet with dew
From dew + -y (Wiktionary)