from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having foliage that persists and remains green throughout the year.
- adj. Perenially fresh or interesting; enduring.
- n. A tree, shrub, or plant having foliage that persists and remains green throughout the year.
- n. Twigs or branches of evergreen plants used as decoration.
- n. Something that remains perennially fresh, interesting, or well liked.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of plants, especially trees, that do not shed their leaves seasonally.
- adj. Continually fresh or self-renewing; often used metaphorically.
- adj. Of a document or dataset, continually up-to-date (as opposed to being published at regular intervals and being slightly outdated in-between those publication dates)
- adj. Suitable for transmission at any time; not urgent or time-dependent.
- n. A tree or shrub that does not shed its leaves or needles seasonally.
- n. More specifically, a conifer tree.
- n. A news story that can be published or broadcast at any time.
- v. To extend the term of a patent beyond the normal legal limit, usually through repeated small modifications.
- v. To set the repayment rate of a loan at or below the interest rate, so low that the principal will never be repaid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Remaining unwithered through the winter, or retaining unwithered leaves until the leaves of the next year are expanded, as pines cedars, hemlocks, and the like.
- n. An evergreen plant.
- n. Twigs and branches of evergreen plants used for decoration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Always green; verdant throughout the year; sempervirid: as, the pine is an evergreen tree.
- n. A plant that retains its verdure through all the seasons, as the pine and other coniferous trees, the holly, laurel, holm-oak, ivy, rhododendron, and many others.
- n. A woolen material similar to cassimere: a term in use about 1850.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of plants and shrubs) bearing foliage throughout the year
- n. a plant having foliage that persists and remains green throughout the year
From ever + green (Wiktionary)