from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Overgrown with bushes.
- adj. Thick and shaggy: a bushy head of hair.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Like a bush in having many widely spread branches.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Thick and spreading, like a bush.
- adj. Full of bushes; overgrowing with shrubs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of bushes; overgrown with shrubs.
- Having many close twigs and branches; low and shrubby.
- Resembling a bush; thick and spreading like a bush: as, a bushy beard.
- In entomology, covered all round with long, erect hairs, as the antennæ of many msects.
- n. A countryman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling a bush in being thickly branched and spreading
- adj. used of hair; thick and poorly groomed
bush + -y (Wiktionary)