from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or resembling a tree.
- adj. Living in trees; arboreous: arboreal apes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling a tree; treely.
- adj. Living in or among trees.
- n. Any tree-dwelling creature.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a tree, or to trees; of nature of trees.
- adj. Attached to, found in or upon, or frequenting, woods or trees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of trees.
- Living on or among trees; inhabiting or frequenting forests.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or formed by trees
- adj. inhabiting or frequenting trees
- adj. resembling a tree in form and branching structure
From Latin arboreus, from arbor, tree.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin arbor ("tree"). (Wiktionary)