from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, characterized by, or composed of pictures.
- adj. Represented as if in a picture: pictorial prose.
- adj. Illustrated by pictures: a pictorial history.
- n. An illustrated periodical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, composed of, or illustrated by pictures
- adj. described or otherwise represented as if in a picture; graphic or vivid
- adj. stylistically similar to a painting, especially following pictorial conventions (of a photograph) – see pictorialism
- n. a newspaper or magazine with many pictures, or section thereof
- n. an article primarily featuring many photographs, or simply a collection of photographs
- n. a stamp featuring a vignette of local scenery or culture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to pictures; illustrated by pictures; forming pictures; representing with the clearness of a picture
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to pictures or the making of them; relating to painting, drawing, etc.: as, the pictorial art.
- Expressed or depicted in pictures; of the nature of a picture or of pictures; consisting of pictures or of pictured symbols: as, pictorial illustrations; pictorial writing.
- Illustrated by or containing pictures or drawings: as, pictorial publications; a pictorial history.
- n. A pictorially illustrated periodical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. evoking lifelike images within the mind
- n. a periodical (magazine or newspaper) containing many pictures
- adj. pertaining to or consisting of pictures
From Latin pictōrius, from pictor, painter; see Pictor.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin pictus ("painted") (Wiktionary)