from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to onomatopoeia.
- adj. Having the property of onomatopoeia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Onomatopoetic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of onomatopœia; representing the sound of the thing signified; imitative in speech.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of words) formed in imitation of a natural sound
- adj. of or relating to or characterized by onomatopoeia
From onomatopoeia + -ic. (Wiktionary)