from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Acting or serving as an illustration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Demonstrative, exemplative, showing an example or demonstrating.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending or designed to illustrate, exemplify, or elucidate.
- adj. Making illustrious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to illustrate.
- Tending to make glorious or illustrious; honorific.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. serving to demonstrate
- adj. clarifying by use of examples
Sorry, no etymologies found.