from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Serving to inform; providing or disclosing information; instructive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Providing information; especially, providing useful or interesting information.
- adj. Not specifying requirements, but merely providing information.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having power to inform, animate, or vivify.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having power to form or animate.
- Didactic; instructive: as, a simply informative rather than dogmatic spirit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. providing or conveying information
- adj. tending to increase knowledge or dissipate ignorance
- adj. serving to instruct or enlighten or inform
Sorry, no etymologies found.