American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Possessing or showing knowledge or intelligence; perceptive and well-informed.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Knowing; intelligent; possessing knowledge or mental capacity.
- Cognizable; intelligible.
- adj. having knowledge, especially of a particular subject
- adj. educated and well informed
- adj. intelligent and perceptive
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. thoroughly acquainted with and skilled in something through study or experience. Opposite of
unversed, unacquainted, and unfamiliar.
- adj. fully informed.
- adj. highly educated; having information or understanding.
- adj. highly educated; having extensive information or understanding
- adj. alert and fully informed
- adj. thoroughly acquainted through study or experience
- knowledge + -able (Wiktionary)
“In other words, Canada, unencumbered and knowledgeable, is about to enter its era of great cities.”
“He said the defence relies on nothing more than the fact that Manners had pictures of ammunition in his cellphone, once drew a picture of a gun and was described as knowledgeable about firearms.”
“Yonhap reported citing an unidentified source it described as knowledgeable about the situation at the North Korean investment agency.”
“Lee said in a post on a Chinese microblog service that cited information from a source he described as a knowledgeable friend.”
“It was a tough decision for me" to seek a replacement arbitrator, the commissioner said, wanting to move on with negotiations and disappointed with losing someone he called knowledgeable, professional and "a class act.”
“a post on a Chinese microblog service that cited information from a source he described as a knowledgeable friend.”
“Just because she is a quitter and a Facebook poster (I'm sure someone else is the author), I would hardly call her knowledgeable about anything nor deserving of any media attention in the first place.”
“Lyra then meets Mrs. Coulter, who she immediately takes a liking to for she is so strong and impressive and knowledgeable, that is until Lyra discovers that she is the one who has been kidnapping children and taking them to the north for experimentation.”
“The report cited unidentified sources in North Korea and a Chinese businessman described as knowledgeable about North Korea affairs.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘knowledgeable’.
Words that relate to learning, knowing, being enlightened...
Our class list of adjectives for Henry's Ma.
Words of the form "X-able" which do not mean "able to be Xed".
good, virtuous traits that are common in human behaviour.
goto traits (neutral)
goto traits (bad)
( randomness, descriptive, psychology, virtue, mindset, perspective...
Looking for tweets for knowledgeable.