from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Knowledgeable through having read extensively.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Well informed and knowledgeable through having read extensively.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of extensive reading; deeply versed; -- often followed by in.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having read largely; having an extensive and intelligent knowledge of books or literature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. highly educated; having extensive information or understanding
- adj. well informed or deeply versed through reading
Sorry, no etymologies found.