from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a determined will.
- adj. Having a vigorous, independent mind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a vigorous, independent will and views
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a vigorous mind; esp., having or affecting masculine qualities of mind; -- said of women.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a strong or vigorous mind.
- Not in accordance with the female character or manners; unfeminine: applied ironically to women claiming the privileges and opportunities of men.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by vigorous independence of thought and judgment
- adj. having a determined will
Sorry, no etymologies found.