from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing or having characteristics advantageous to or of use in business; methodical and systematic.
- adj. Purposeful; earnest.
- adj. Practical; unemotional: The couple maintained a businesslike attitude toward their divorce.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Methodical and efficient, in a way that would be advantageous to a business or businessperson
- adj. Earnest and practical without being distracted or enthusiastic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. In the manner of one transacting business wisely and by right methods; practical and efficient.
- adj. serious and purposeful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Such as prevails or ought to prevail in the conduct of business; methodical and thorough.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exhibiting methodical and systematic characteristics that would be useful in business
- adj. not distracted by anything unrelated to the goal
business + -like (Wiktionary)