from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Free from disorder; neat: an orderly room.
- adj. Having a systematic arrangement: an orderly universe.
- adj. Marked by or adhering to method or system: orderly in the upkeep of his rooms.
- adj. Devoid of violence or disruption; peaceful: an orderly transition of governments.
- n. An attendant who does routine, nonmedical work in a hospital.
- n. A soldier assigned to attend and perform various tasks for a superior officer.
- adv. Systematically; regularly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Neat and tidy; possessing order.
- adj. Methodical or systematic.
- adj. Peaceful; well-behaved.
- n. A hospital attendant given a variety of non-medical duties.
- n. A soldier who carries out minor tasks for a superior officer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Conformed to order; in order; regular.
- adj. Observant of order, authority, or rule; hence, obedient; quiet; peaceable; not unruly
- adj. Performed in good or established order; well-regulated.
- adj. Being on duty; keeping order; conveying orders.
- adv. According to due order; regularly; methodically; duly.
- n. A noncommissioned officer or soldier who attends a superior officer to carry his orders, or to render other service.
- n. A street sweeper.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Conformed or conforming to good order or arrangement; characterized by method or regularity, or by conformity to established order; regular; methodical; harmonious.
- In accordance with established regulations; duly authorized.
- Observant of rule or discipline; not unruly; without uproar; deliberate; peaceful or proper in behavior.
- Milit., of or pertaining to orders, or to the communication or execution of orders; on duty: as, orderly drummer; orderly room.
- Peaceable, quiet, well-behaved.
- n. A private soldier or a non-commissioned officer who attends on a superior officer to carry orders or messages.
- n. An attendant in a ward of a hospital whose duty it is to keep order among the patients, see to their wants, preserve cleanliness, etc.
- n. One who keeps things in order generally and preserves neatness. See the quotation.
- According to due order; regularly; duly; properly; decorously.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. devoid of violence or disruption
- n. a soldier who serves as an attendant to a superior officer
- adj. clean or organized
- n. a male hospital attendant who has general duties that do not involve the medical treatment of patients
From order + -ly. (Wiktionary)