from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Harmonious; agreeing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Agreeing; correspondent; harmonious; consonant; in keeping with; agreeable with; concordant with; concordant to
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Agreeing; correspondent; harmonious; consonant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Agreeing; agreeable; correspondent; suitable; harmonious.
- In music, consisting of a concord, or having the effect of one. See concord, 3, and consonant, a., 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. in keeping
- adj. being of the same opinion
Middle English concordaunt, from Old French concordant, from Latin concordāns, concordant-, present participle of concordāre, to agree, from concors, concord-, agreeing; see concord.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin concordans, present participle of concordare: compare French concordant. See concord. (Wiktionary)