from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member or supporter of a small cooperative or a collectivist community.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Considering the community to be of central importance
- adj. Of or pertaining to the philosophy of communitarianism
- n. An adherent of communitarianism
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a community; a member of a communistic association; one who believes in the wisdom of community life.
c 1910 community + -arian (Wiktionary)