American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Variant of partisan2.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An adherent of a party or faction; one who is passionately or very earnestly devoted to a party or interest; specifically, one whose judgment or perception is clouded by a prejudiced adherence to his party.
- n. Milit., a member of a party or detachment of troops sent on a special enterprise; also, the leader of such a party.
- Of or pertaining to a party or faction; strongly biased in favor of a party or interest.
- Milit., engaged on a special enterprise: as, a partizan corps.
- n. A longhandled cutting weapon used in England and Scotland from the fourteenth to the sixteenth century: a name including also the halberd, fauchard, roncone, etc.
- n. A man, as a soldier or a guardian of the peace, armed with a partizan.
- n. alternative spelling of partisan.
- n. obsolete A weapon of the 16th and 17th centuries consisting of a pike with a long double-edged blade, similar to a halberd.
- adj. devoted to a cause or party
- n. an ardent and enthusiastic supporter of some person or activity
- n. a pike with a long tapering double-edged blade with lateral projections; 16th and 17th centuries
“Strong men weep as they never wept before, hopeful men sigh, good men pray and look to God for strength, loyal men are appalled, the bitter partizan is a contrite mourner, none but heartless traitors can rejoice.”
“A scarlet tunic with gold embroidery, white ruff, and my tall, heavy, pointy partizan in my hand.”
“I will tell you my main supplier has a metric s#i+load of both .270 and. 270WSM (they are out of the wolf and prvi partizan as we speak).”
“But all I see now is a republican partizan, who sees the world in the simplest of ways under the most convenient terms possible.”
“I can understand points made by Obama/Clinton partizan, they are valid.”
“Those who have seen most, and thought most on this subject, admit that such elections have been mainly partizan movements.”
“Has it ever been, or will it ever be otherwise than that political and partizan views should, more or less, control such elections?”
“Might I suggest that if we are considering seriously rearranging our economy, we might want to pull this research from obviously partizan hands and actually spend some dollars on independent review by engineers and scientists who are currently not receiving “climate funds” and would be a truly independent review ?”
“Might I suggest that if we are considering seriously rearranging our economy, we might want to pull this research from obviously partizan hands and actually spend some dollars on independent review by engineers and scientists who are currently not receiving “climate funds” and would be a truly independent review?”
“RIP – The Matrix Online MxO 2004-2009 - May 29, 2009 added by partizan | Images mcs+ to rate”
Looking for tweets for partizan.