from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who disseminates news or rumour
- n. A person who propagates plants
- n. A covered, sometimes heated container for germinating seeds or raising seedlings
- n. A function that represents the quantum propagation of a subatomic particle
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who propagates; one who continues or multiplies.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who propagates; one who continues by generation or successive production; one who causes something to extend or spread; a promoter; a diffuser: as, a propagator of heresies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who propagates plants (as under glass)
- n. someone who spreads the news
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Once the meme has been propagated, the propagator is tossed aside, and must wait to be rediscovered by “the kids,” à la Tony Bennett.
In 1985 a college student interning at Bell Laboratories -- Robert Tappan Morris, later known as the propagator of the notorious Internet Worm -- first theorized this particular glitch.
The field will operate by way, of course, of the Jones propagator, which is dipolar and restricted to the imaginary plane and for which all trees are an antenna by excitation of cellulolignonic resonances.
I purchased a cheap 36 cell propagator, that is 3 rows wide by 12 long and will use this to start growing the seedlings.
"propagator" - duh -, a function of the particle's four-momentum, which has a pole (a value where it becomes infinite) for a specific value of four-momentum squared.
What difference does it make to debunk a very minor strain of prewar nonsense while the site continues to be a devout propagator of Pentagon approved postwar nonsense? couscous
What difference does it make to debunk a very minor strain of prewar nonsense while the site continues to be a devout propagator of Pentagon approved postwar nonsense?
NEW YORK — A decade ago the U.S. government attacked Al-Jazeera as a propagator of anti-American propaganda.
Demint was a propagator of the litmus test for republicans to be "conservative enough."
Narendra Modi, who was born into a middle-caste family in Gujarat in 1950, joined an RSS-inspired student group, going on to become a pracharak — a “propagator,” or propagandist — for the RSS itself.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.