from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that communicates: an effective communicator of new ideas.
- n. An electronic device enabling individuals with physical disabilities to communicate through LED displays, printed or electronic messages, or synthetic speech.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who, or something that communicates
- n. Any of several electronic devices that allow people with various disabilities to communicate via displays or artificial speech
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who communicates.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which communicates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who communicates with others
Feynman's excellence as a communicator is a topic all to itself.
The first step to becoming a great communicator is to not assume that you already are!
It had a brief revival in the '80's (E.T. gets the idea for his communicator from a Buck Rogers strip), and the character has been adapted numerous times for radio, television, and movies.
The Sunday school version of the relationship between Moses, the lawgiver, and Aron, the communicator, is one of fortuitous complementarity, a Hebrew Bobby and Jack Kennedy.
To be clear in a complex world, the rational linear communicator is forced to either ridiculously oversimplify a situation or disappear into mumbo-jumbo bizspeak.
Suit yourself, but this strategic communicator is am-scraying.
Replica star trek communicator is coming out in mobile phone form sometime this year.
Silence could indicate that a good communicator is trying to out-think you.
The generation that is growing up with the phone as their primary means of net interaction - listening to music and podcasts, text messaging and picture taking all with their "communicator" - is only going to be reached by media as antiquated as "books" if we can find a way to deliver the content to where they are.
Jean Lafferty at Arico Natural Foods Company in San Diego is called communicator and public happy-maker.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.