from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who publicizes, especially a press or publicity agent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person whose job is to publicize information or events; a publicity agent; a public relations agent or worker
- n. A journalist, often a commentator, who focusses on politics
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A writer on the laws of nature and nations; one who is versed in the science of public right, the principles of government, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A writer on the law of nature or the laws of nations; one who is versed in public or international law; one who treats of the rights and mutual obligations of nations.
- n. One who is versed in or who writes upon the current political topics of the time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who publicizes
Your publicist is there to advise you on strategic planning, image, and groom you for interviews with the media.
Personally, I think her publicist is the person spreading these rumors.
For some reason (the economy?) this year, my publicist is not only responding to my various e-mails, but she's also out hunting up work for me.
Penguin publicist articulates the reasons why have a prepublication presence is so important.
When I ask for review copies that means I do have some interest in the project that publicist is being paid to publicize.
Then, you may try to find a bargain publicist, and herein lies the crux of my comment.
A marketer or publicist is not going to to be as powerful without the artists own input.
Make sure that your publicist is experienced, that he or she has at least three years experience at a big house handling top authors.
I think my publicist is getting a nice surprise soon ….
Your publicist is doing everything she can to get media coverage, but your hometown magazine has scheduled its book reviews months ago.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.