American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One trained in teaching; a teacher.
- n. A specialist in the theory and practice of education.
- n. An administrator of a school or an educational institution.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which educates; specifically, one who makes a business or a special study of education; a teacher or instructor.
- n. A person distinguished for his/her educational work
- n. A person who, or a thing which, educates
- n. A teacher
- n. A person that accepts responsibility for the educating process and educates by supporting and assisting an educand.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who educates; a teacher.
- n. someone who educates young people
“The role of an educator is not to lecture from on high, filling empty vessels with a predetermined amount of "correct" knowledge.”
“As NCATE puts it, The essential task of any educator is to combine a depth of knowledge about subjects with a thorough understanding of the subject under study and to bridge the two with appropriate instructional plans and pedagogical tools.”
“Further, becoming a diabetes educator is not easy, there is no direct route.”
“My friend Charlie Darling, whom I know as a kickass sex educator, is going to be singing.”
“It doesn't take much to shuffle test papers in front of a classrooms of students; the art of the educator is in interpreting the results and assisting each student in their strength and weaknesses.”
“My best guess as an educator is she needs a good dose of self esteem and self value.”
“My role as an educator is to seek out this information, present it in a way that stimulates thinking, in a way that informs opinion and transforms mere opinions into cogent arguments.”
“But the role of educator is a role which responsible persons dare not shirk.”
“The American medical educator is not anxious to seek either state or federal aid, fearing the possibility that state support will result in some degree of state direction.”
“As a parent and long-term educator at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, I am appalled that the city is assisting Everest College, a subsidiary of Corinthian Colleges, to set up a campus here.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘educator’.
verbs Adj Adv noun
Very basic words for ESL students.
words I would use to describe myself
A losing battle.
Looking for tweets for educator.