from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One versed in natural history, especially in zoology or botany.
- n. One who believes in and follows the tenets of naturalism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person committed to studying nature or natural history.
- n. A person who believes in or advocates the tenets of philosophical or methodological naturalism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One versed in natural science; a student of natural history, esp. of the natural history of plants or animals; a botanist or zoologist.
- n. One who holds or maintains the doctrine of naturalism in religion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who understands natural causes; one who is versed in natural science or philosophy; specifically, one who is versed in or devoted to natural history; in the most restricted sense, a zoölogist or botanist.
- n. One who holds the theological theory or doctrine of naturalism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an advocate of the doctrine that the world can be understood in scientific terms
- n. a biologist knowledgeable about natural history (especially botany and zoology)
Sorry, no etymologies found.