from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who specializes in botany.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person engaged in botany, the scientific study of plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One skilled in botany; one versed in the knowledge of plants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who studies or is skilled in botany; one versed in the structure, habits, geographical distribution, and systematic classification of plants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a biologist specializing in the study of plants
botany + -ist (Wiktionary)