from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who grows, collects, or specializes in the use of herbs, especially medicinal herbs.
- n. See herb doctor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who treats diseases by means of medicinal herbs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One skilled in the knowledge of plants; a collector of, or dealer in, herbs, especially medicinal herbs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is skilled in the knowledge of plants, or makes collections of them.
- n. A dealer in medicinal plants, or one who treats disease with botanical remedies only.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a therapist who heals by the use of herbs
Sorry, no etymologies found.