from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that heals or attempts to heal, especially a faith healer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. agent noun of heal: a person who heals, especially through faith.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, heals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which heals, cures, restores, or repairs.
- n. One whose business it is to cover houses with tiles, slates. etc. Also hellier, hillier. Ray, South and East Country Words.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person skilled in a particular type of therapy
Sorry, no etymologies found.