from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that helps; an assistant. See Synonyms at assistant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who helps; an aide.
- n. A person who does cleaning and cooking in a family, or in a market.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, helps, aids, assists, or relieves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who helps, aids, or assists; an auxiliary; one who affords assistance, comfort, or remedy.
- n. Specifically, one who is employed as assistant to another in doing some kind of work: as, a blacksmith's or a groom's helper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who helps people or institutions (especially with financial help)
- n. a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
The code in the method is basically the same thing as you write in regular Razor rendering logic, but the fact that it's inside an @helper method turns it into a declarative helper.
Other researchers have described a similar phenomenon that they call "helper's high" -- positive feelings that can border on elation.
Your helper is too precious and I love the flowers in the baskets.
As in Genesis, the word helper likely signals mutuality.
The first helper is courtesy of Mexconnect poster "jerezano", who told us a while back about a new toll-road that bypasses Zacatecas going south towards Aguascalientes.
The thumping may be done by the driver's helper from a runway on the back of the truck, to guide him in backing.
Some T lymphocytes are called the helper cells because they promote immune responses and encourage the B lymphocytes to produce more antibody, and different T lymphocytes, known as suppressor cells, inhibit immune reponses and tell the B lymphocytes that it is time to cut back on production.
Very natural, dear, but the fun and the fame do not last, while the memory of a real helper is kept green long after poetry is forgotten and music silent.
So I have a small subsystem in place for player logins and map loads: I iterate through the property lists looking for properties that I've flagged (hardwired in the code) as "bad data", and I call helper backfill functions on the fly to fix just that property list.
Apathy on the part of Caymanians in general because, unless the rollover has affected them directly, such as the compulsory departure of a long-term helper or caregiver, or the forced loss of valued employees on the part of local business owners, to the average Caymanian, the rollover policy seems to be a hazy concept.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.