from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who works for another in return for financial or other compensation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An individual who provides labor to a company or another person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One employed by another.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who works for an employer; a person working for salary or wages: applied to any one so working, but usually only to clerks, workmen, laborers, etc., and but rarely to the higher officers of a corporation or government, or to domestic servants: as, the employees of a railroad company.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a worker who is hired to perform a job
From French employé. (Wiktionary)